This aims to provide an easy-to-follow template for creating Documentation. Use this template to contribute to the knowledge base.
How to start my article?
Identify your audience. Who are you writing for? What are their needs and pain points?
- Define a Scope. Determine the subjects or topics that need to get covered.
- Use headings and subheadings to break up your text. This will make it easier for readers to scan your article and find the information they're looking for.
Write clear and concise instructions. Usually, include only a single action in each step. However, if two actions are closely related, such as opening a menu and selecting a command from the menu, you can include both actions in one step.
Include screenshots or videos. Visual aids can help users understand your instructions more easily.
If you include screenshots, make sure your screenshots focus on the area you want to highlight.
Should my article be shorter?
The purpose of this knowledge base is to provide concise articles. To achieve this, it's essential to keep the following in mind:
- To avoid repetition, you can use links to refer to other topics.
- If the topic I am discussing is lengthy or intricate, it may be helpful to create a separate article dedicated to it.
- Use the anchor to link sections of your content.
- The purpose of this document is…
- The objective of this document is to…
Keep the guidelines in mind if you contribute to our documentation. You don't need to be an expert in Technical Writing to contribute to the Knowledge Base. incfile's Technical Writing department is ready to help turn your contributions into concise, consistent, easy-to-read docs. Therefore, we encourage you to contribute whenever possible.
COUPLE THINGS TO NOTE:
When creating Articles, ensure that category, sub category, and tags are entered. This will help organize the articles better and easier to search.
All articles should be private and link to this list. List-Knowledge-Base-Internal
HOW TO ADD A USER TO LIST