Help Center

Instant answers. What can we help you with?

View All Topics
S Corporation Information

Can a foreign resident be a shareholder in an S Corporation?

In order to be eligible to be a shareholder of an S-Corporation the individual would need to be classified as a “Resident Alien”. A “Resident Alien” has the legal capacity to work and pay taxes in the United States and therefore should possess a Social Security Number (SSN) or a Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

More Answers to Your Questions

How Our Service Works

Take a moment to view our instructional video and see how easy it can be to get your business incorporated.

Helpful Tools for Decision Making

Select your business type to see how Incfile can work for you.

Your Business with Incfile

No contracts. No surprises.

Only $0 + state fee to launch your business.

Launch Your Business