Filing Your Foreign Qualification

Order Now
A Foreign Qualification also known as a Certificate of Authority is the process of registering an LLC or corporation to do business in a state outside the state of incorporation. A corporation or LLC is only recognized in its state of incorporation a Foreign Qualification must be completed in each state that a corporation or LLC intend to conduct business. If a company neglects to file the Foreign Qualification it does not have legal standing or authority to transact business within that state. Every state has different rules regarding what constitutes transacting business.
Help file my Foreign Qualification

Save your time. We'll
handle the paperwork.

Typical criteria include but are not limited to:

  • Does the company has a physical presence in the state?
  • Does the entity have employees working within the state?
  • Does the company conduct banking within state?

Requirements to obtain or a Foreign Qualification / Certificate of Authority:

  • Must file appropriate state document and pay the corresponding state fee.
  • Must obtain a Certificate of Good Standing from state of origin to verify status of business formation.

Foreign Qualification


Plus State Filling Fees


Common Questions about filing a Foreign Qualification

How long does it take to file a Foreign Qualification?
The filing time is dependent on the governing state agency and varies by state.
How much does it cost to file a Foreign Qualification?
The cost depends on the fee to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing and the filing fee that the inbound state assesses. Our service fee to to prepare and file a Foreign Qualification is $149. To review the fee in your state click on the “order now” button and select the state and entity type.
What will I receive when the Foreign Qualification is filed?
The governing state agency will typically return a copy of the filed articles which are then mailed to the client.
When is it necessary to obtain a Foreign Qualification?
When you incorporate a business the entity is formed and recognized in the state of incorporation however the entities rights do not automatically extend to any of the other 49 states. In the event that you are expanding or operating in a state outside of the state where the entity was incorporated then it is necessary to obtain a Foreign Qualification which would provide the entity jurisdictional recognition and authority to transact business in the chosen state. For example, if you incorporated in the State of Florida and decided that you wanted to open an office in California then you would want the State of California to recognize your Florida entity. In order for this to happen you would need to obtain Foreign Qualification also known as a Certificate of Authority.

Providing everything you need when you need it.

As your business grows we'll be there every step of the way to make sure that you have the
resources at hand to service your companies ongoing needs.

Annual Report file annual report

The majority of states require that companies file periodic reports that affirm the current information of the companies members, directors, and business address.

Certification Good Standing certificate of good standing

Required by governmental and private agencies to validate a companies status in order to facilitate specified transactions.

Change Registered Agent Change Registered Agent

Use to update the registered agent on file with the state of formation.

Amendment Amendment

Filed if a company requires changes to membership, addresses or company name.

Dissolution Dissolution

Used to formally terminate the existence of a entity.

Order Registered Agent Order Registered Agent

Order registered agent service and receive your new registered agent information immediately.

Corporate LLC Kit

The Corporate/LLC Kit is a professional binder enclosed in a matching slip case, customized with the name of your company on the spine insert. Click the icon to view the full contents.

EIN / Tax ID #

An EIN is required to open a bank account, file taxes and submit payroll taxes.

How can we help you?
Client Support

Send Message

Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Send Other