When you sign up for any of Incfile’s packages to start your business, one of the added perks is a free one-hour tax consultation. But what does that consultation include, and how can it help your business?
We sat down with Incfile’s Head of Business Development, Dustin Ray, to learn more about what your free consultation as a Incfile client entails and how to make the most out of it.
How Does Incfile’s Free Tax Consultation Work?
When you first sign up for any of Incfile’s packages, you receive a complimentary consultation with a certified tax professional, which can help you learn about important tax deductions to manage your company and potentially save you money.
What Can I Learn During My Tax Consultation?
During your one-hour tax consultation, you’ll receive personalized advice on topics that could help you avoid costly mistakes, such as:
- How to choose the proper IRS tax election
- Commonly missed tax deductions
- Business bookkeeping requirements
- How to reduce the chance of an IRS audit
“Many first-time business owners have experience filing their personal tax returns, but aren’t familiar with filing their business tax returns, which have different deadlines,” says Ray. By talking to a seasoned tax expert, you can learn the ins and outs of filing taxes for your company. It’ll also give you a jump-start on your tax planning for the upcoming year.
How Do I Sign up for My Tax Consultation?
When you place an order for any of Incfile’s packages, you can opt in to receiving the tax consultation during checkout on the dedicated page that pops up and gives you the option to add the free tax consultation to your order. After your order, a tax specialist will contact you within a couple of days to schedule the business tax consultation at your convenience.
Are There Any Fees for My Business Tax Consultation?
None whatsoever! This offer is completely free of charge, and it doesn’t obligate you in any way to take further action or make any other purchases.
How Should I Make the Most of My Consultation?
To make the most out of your free one-hour phone consultation, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Is this your first business?
- Did you just start this business?
- What is the nature of your business?
- Are you the sole owner, or do you have any partners?
- Are you currently working anywhere else where you would receive a W-2 or 1099?
- Are you currently working with a CPA?
- Approximately how much have you invested into the company so far?
Ray says this session can be helpful for those who need some assistance or confirmation that they’re taking the right financial steps for their business.
“By taking advantage of working with a tax professional,” he says, “they can look at your goals and personal situations to help guide you in the right direction and ensure you’re maximizing your potential.”
Using your free one-hour tax consultation, you’ll get the most of Incfile’s services and gain greater insights into correctly filing taxes for your business. If you have any other questions as you manage your company, Incfile is here to help! We can also file your business taxes for you if you decide you need some extra professional assistance.
Latest posts by Jackie Lam (see all)
- Federal Tax Brackets for 2017 and 2018 - March 7, 2018
- All the Deadlines You Need to Know to File 2017 Taxes - February 14, 2018
- How the 2017 Tax Cuts & Job Act (TCJA) Affects Businesses & Individuals - February 7, 2018