When it comes to owning and operating a small business, there is no such thing as perfection. Small businesses are messy — every day there are tasks or functional areas that seem to not work according to plan.
Even if you are a seasoned entrepreneur who has done all of their homework, there will be some areas of owning and operating a small business that will continue to be a challenge. They might be challenging for a number of reasons: lack of funding, lack of personnel, lack of infrastructure, etc.
Any number of areas can be difficult to manage, but at Incfile, we were curious to find out exactly which functional area entrepreneurs and solopreneurs are struggling with the most.
On July 10, 2018, we asked our Twitter followers to weigh in about what area they find challenging.
The results showed that 100 percent of our followers who participated believe that information technology (IT) is the functional area they struggle with the most as a small business owner or solopreneur. IT struggles trumped marketing, human resources and finance as the unanimous option here.
It’s not a complete surprise that IT is as seen as a common struggle. IT departments take top talent to staff, as well as expensive resources that need constant updates. IT is also an area that can be one of the last many entrepreneurs hire for, or one that they don’t know how to staff efficiently (whether to contract, outsource, hire full-time staff, etc.).
To assist our followers with their small business struggles — especially those that are business technology related — we rounded up our top blog posts to help you overcome this big small business challenge. Give these a read today:
- 10 Keys to a Successful Business Plan
- Business Boosting Technologies: The 8 Business Apps You Need to Add in 2018
- These Smart Ideas Can Help Your Small Business Save Money
- Why Outsourcing to India Is a Good Choice for Small Businesses
- Automate Your Way to More Time as a New Business Owner
Latest posts by Lisa Crocco (see all)
- Do You Need an LLC for Your Food Truck Business? - September 6, 2018
- Poll Results: Area Small Business Struggle With The Most - August 28, 2018
- How Can Incfile Support Me as My Business Grows? - August 22, 2018