There are plenty of aspects to love about being an entrepreneur or solopreneur, from being your own boss to forming a business focused on your passion. Being an entrepreneur or solopreneur can be incredibly humbling and rewarding for most people, despite all of the hard work and challenges you may have to face along the way.
On November 13, we posed a question to our Twitter audience inquiring about the best part about being an entrepreneur or solopreneur.
The results came in as a tie between “Flexible schedule” and “Doing what I love” — both received 33 percent of the votes each. We can certainly understand why those two were popular choices.
The remaining options of “Better income” and “Work with people I like” also both tied with 17 percent of the votes each.
Besides the options offered in the poll, other general reasons why some people prefer being an entrepreneur include:
- Lack of appreciation at their former workplace
- Desire the ability to work remotely or travel more often
- Want to learn on the job or gain new experiences
- Need a lifestyle change to escape burnout
- Feel a lack of purpose in their current role
- Want to shift careers or industries
If you’re a fan of eating, sleeping and breathing all things entrepreneurial, then we have you covered on the Incfile blog. We rounded up our top blog posts on being an entrepreneur or solopreneur. Give these a read today and then comment below with your favorite aspect of being a business owner:
- The Founder’s Guide to Starting a Solopreneur Business
- What Incfile Package “Add-Ons” Are Necessary for My Business If I’m a Solopreneur?
- Free Entrepreneur Workshops, Seminars, Business Training and Webinars for Small Business Owners
- 10 Podcasts for Solopreneurs
- What Entrepreneurs Should Know About Working From Coffee Shops
- The Top 5 Tools You MUST Use for Your Solopreneur Business
- Solopreneurs: Set Aside 20 Minutes Each Day to Read These Top Business Books
- Blogging vs. Freelance Writing: What Is Better for Making Money as a Solopreneur?
- Transitioning from Employee to Entrepreneur: Get it Done in 6 Steps
- Easy Ways to Build a Website for New Entrepreneurs