Poll Results: Favorite Remote Workplace
Your couch can be a tempting (and super comfortable) place to work from on a daily basis as a digital nomad, but it also can be a big distraction and productivity-killer. We know having the proper work environment is key.
So on June 25, 2018, we asked our Incfile Twitter followers about their favorite place to work remotely that isn’t their own home. The results are in, and we have a tie. Digital nomads said they enjoy working both at coffee shops and shared office spaces: 50 percent voted for each alternative, and we received no votes for working in a library.
We’re not surprised that coffee shops received half the votes. Coffee shops are a popular place to work as a digital nomad since you can typically find one on almost any street corner. They’re also cozy and filled with fellow remote workers, students and others busy at work or chatting while sipping on their lattes. Not to mention that freelancers and entrepreneurs are notoriously fueled by caffeine, making this a very convenient working location. Free Wi-Fi is also a draw for digital nomads looking to get their work done.
On the other hand, we understand that shared office spaces are also becoming quite popular. Many different shared office spaces have popped up due to the influx of remote workers and their need for a consistent workspace. Locations like WeWork can be a great place for remote workers to socialize and network with others, while giving them a space to host meetings in a professional office setting.
Looking for more articles on remote work, digital nomads or entrepreneurs? Here are some of our Incfile favorites:
- How Do You Manage Your Money as a Digital Nomad?
- 7 Main Challenges for the Typical Digital Nomad
- Is Becoming a Digital Nomad Right For You?
- Digital Nomads: Here’s Your Quick Guide to Finances & Taxes and Your Remote Business
- A Guide to Paying U.S. Taxes When You’re a Digital Nomad Working Across the World
- Hey Digital Nomads: Form an LLC for Your Business Before You Take Off
- What Entrepreneurs Should Know About Working From Coffee Shops
- Free Entrepreneur Workshops, Seminars, Business Training and Webinars for Small Business Owners
Want to cast your vote in our next poll? Be sure to follow Incfile’s Twitter page to stay up to date on all things Incfile and share your experiences as a digital nomad, remote worker or entrepreneur.