Some say it’s never too late to chase your dreams and start a business, while others say it’s never too early to turn your ideas into reality and get started building the company you imagine.
Whether you are 62 or 26, if you have aspirations to become an entrepreneur, rest assured there are plenty of opportunities for you to make that happen.
According to a study by MIT, the average age of startup founders is around 42, and the average age of entrepreneurs who founded high-growth companies is 45.
We were curious if our audience follows this same average age trend. So on September 4, 2018, we asked our Incfile Twitter followers how old they were when they started their business.
We were surprised to see that there was a tie between the option “22-30” years old and “Over 30” years old. Of those age ranges, each received 42 percent of votes. There was another tie between the options “Under 18” and “18-21,” since those age ranges each received 8 percent of votes.
Are you looking to understand small business ownership and get more information about entrepreneurship opportunities at any age? We rounded up some of our top blogs for you to read today. Check out these posts below:
- More Older Americans Are Starting Their Own Business
- Despite Challenges, Small Business Owners Remain Happy
- Owning a Franchise Can Be an Opportunity for Consistent Revenue & Profits
- What Entrepreneurs Should Know About Working From Coffee Shops
- Owning a Franchise a Great Option For Retirees
- Should You Buy an Existing Business Instead of Starting Your Own?
- 5 Home-Based Business Ideas for Moms
- Transitioning from Employee to Entrepreneur: Get it Done in 6 Steps
- Solo Business Owners, Your Multi-Tasking Could Be Reducing Your Business Productivity
- Top 10 Business Lessons From The Solopreneur Hour Podcast
- Solopreneurs: Set Aside 20 Minutes Each Day to Read These Top Business Books
- How to Start a Business as a Senior to Make Retirement Income
- 10 Podcasts for Solopreneurs
- Free Entrepreneur Workshops, Seminars, Business Training and Webinars for Small Business Owners
Latest posts by Lisa Crocco (see all)
- How to Get Your Business Idea on Shark Tank - January 9, 2019
- Forming Your Business Can Solidify Your Legacy - January 2, 2019
- #BOTM: Smokin’ D’s BBQ Fusion Owner Shares His Tips For a Successful Food Truck Business - December 21, 2018