1 (888) 462-3453

How Much Does It Cost to Start an LLC in Arkansas?

Legal business registration — and making sure your business is in compliance — involves some necessary expenses. Some of these costs are payable to the Arkansas Secretary of State, while others are due to additional state entities or the federal government. Here are some of the most common requirements and fees.

Please be aware that Arkansas business license and permit fees may need to be paid when you first form your business, on an ongoing schedule or on an ad hoc basis. Find more details below.

Initial Arkansas LLC Fees

You’ll need to file as an LLC with the Arkansas Secretary of State and pay a filing fee when you first formally form your business. Here are the current Arkansas LLC fees and filing times:

State Fee


State Filling Time

3 Weeks

Expedited Filing Time

4 Business Days

*$45 if completed online, $50 if completed via paper form

When you form your LLC with us, Incfile will charge you this fee and forward it to the Arkansas Secretary of State when we file your formation paperwork.

Incfile can file your formation paperwork for you for free — just pay the required Arkansas LLC filing fee
Arkansas allows you to form your LLC more quickly by paying an expedited fee

Employer Identification Number

Every LLC in the U.S. should obtain a unique Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service. You'll use it when you open a business bank account, file taxes and pay employees. It's available at no cost from the IRS, or have Incfile obtain one for you.

Foreign LLCs

When you want to do business in a state other than the one where your business is based, you must create a foreign LLC.

Arkansas Foreign LLC Registration

Foreign companies are those which are formed in another state or country. In order to transact business in Arkansas, these entities must file an Application for Registration with the Arkansas Secretary of State.

The registration must be accompanied by a certificate of good standing or a certificate of existence from the domestic state of formation. Register your out-of-state foreign company by filing your Application for Certificate of Registration with the Secretary of State. The filing fee for an Arkansas Foreign LLC is $270 if you file online, or $300 if you file via paper form. The state may have additional requirements so contact the Arkansas Secretary of State for more information.

Foreign Qualification to Operate in Another State

If you plan to expand your Arkansas LLC into another state, you’ll first need Foreign Qualification or a Certificate of Authority or Compliance from that state. This is necessary if you'll have a physical presence, employees or banking in that state.

This process will likely require you to complete an application and pay a filing fee. Each state typically has its own requirements, so you’ll want to contact the state government entity that administers business (usually the Secretary of State) for specific instructions.

If you need assistance, Incfile provides complete Foreign Qualification service for all states.

Annual Report Requirements

Most states — including Arkansas — require businesses to file an annual (or other periodic) report with the Secretary of State. For the state of Arkansas, the Secretary of State requires you to file an annual franchise tax report every year.

When you file your annual franchise tax report, you'll complete it online and pay a fee of $155. Here are the Arkansas annual report filing requirements:

Annual Report



Due Date

May 1st

Filing Fee



Initial report due May 1st of the year following formation or qualification.

Incfile can also complete and file your Arkansas annual report on your behalf

Arkansas Business License and Permit Requirements

As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to make sure you have the proper state, federal or local business licenses to operate your Arkansas LLC. Some of the associated fees only need to be paid once, while others are ongoing charges.

Permits and licenses vary based on:


The industry your LLC operates in (e.g., restaurants will need health permits)


The location of your LLC (state, county or city) (e.g., a license to conduct business from the City of Little Rock)


The type of business you run (e.g., healthcare providers must meet HIPAA requirements)

Running your business without the required licenses may expose you to risks and fines from federal, state and local governments.

You can research these permits and licenses yourself, or use Incfile’s Business License Research Package, which includes:

  • A complete report on all the licenses, permits and tax registrations your LLC will need
  • The applications you'll need to file with the state, regional and federal licensing authorities

Operating Agreements

The state of Arkansas does not require businesses to have an LLC Operating Agreement in place.

An Operating Agreement is a document that covers the rights and duties of pertinent members, how the business will be run, how managers and members are chosen and several other key areas. It is typically filed with your Articles of Organization at the time that you officially register your LLC.

This document can be extremely helpful in making sure you’re organized and prepared for any future events that may affect your business.

Incfile can draft a general Operating Agreement template when you form your Arkansas business.

If you have any unique requirements, you can make the necessary changes to accommodate them.

Other Potential Arkansas LLC Fees or Requirements

It is normal for your business to pay and meet several other fees and requirements during the life of your LLC. These ad hoc fees will only be payable in specific circumstances, as listed below.

Obtaining a Fictitious Name or DBA

If you wish to establish an Arkansas DBA, you must file an application for fictitious name with the Arkansas SOS and pay a filing fee of $22.50 for online filing, or $25 for filing with a paper form.

Incfile offers the service of filing Trade Name or DBA forms on your behalf

Changing the Registered Agent

Your LLC needs a Arkansas Registered Agent, which you must appoint when you file your Articles of Organization. You can also switch to a new Registered Agent later by filing a Notice of Change with the Arkansas SOS for free.

Have Incfile serve as your Registered Agent.

It’s free for the first year if you form your LLC with us and $119 a year after.

Reserving a Name for Your LLC

If you don’t want to form your LLC right away, you can reserve a business name for 120 days with the Arkansas Secretary of State by filing an Application for Reservation of Entity Name online, and paying a filing fee of $22.50 ($25 if you file a paper form). First, perform an Arkansas business search and learn about business name rules to ensure you choose a name that meets state requirements.

Amending Certain Facts About Your LLC

Your business formation documents state certain facts about your Arkansas business at the time it's formed. Over time, these facts may change. If they do, you'll need to file a Certificate of Amendment with the Arkansas SOS for a filing fee of $22.50 ($25 if you file via paper form). You can do this yourself or have Incfile file the amendments on your behalf.

You may want to file Articles of Amendment when you:

  • Add, remove or change an LLC member or manager
  • Alter the stated business activities of your LLC
  • Change the stated business activities of your LLC

Getting an Arkansas Certificate of Good Standing

Some organizations will request that you prove your LLC’s compliance with laws and tax requirements. Most states refer to this as a Certificate of Compliance, Existence or Good Standing. If you need to prove you have met your commitments, you’ll need a Certificate of Good Standing from the Arkansas Secretary of State. You can order a Certificate of Good Standing (COGS) from the SOS and pay a fee of $25.

Incfile can obtain an Arkansas Certificate of Good Standing (or Existence) on your behalf

The fees listed above detail many of the charges a standard LLC will be required to pay in Arkansas. In some unusual circumstances, there may be other one-off, periodic or ad hoc fees not listed above.

Of course, your LLC will also probably need to pay self-employment, payroll, federal, state and sales taxes. More information about taxes can be found on the Arkansas Business Tax page.

FAQs About Arkansas LLC Fees

What Happens to the State Fees I'm Charged When Forming My LLC?

We will charge you this fee at cost and then pay the fee to the Secretary of State on your behalf when forming your Arkansas business.

Where Do I Get Business Licenses and Permits for My LLC?

It depends on various factors including:

  • The type of business you run
  • Where your business is located
  • Governing bodies in your industry
  • Federal, state and local regulations

Many new businesses need a business license, and you may be required to obtain additional licenses and permits. Our Business License Research package can take the guesswork out of it for you and help you learn what your LLC needs to be compliant.

Your Business with Incfile

No contracts. No surprises.

Only $0 + state fee to launch your business.

Start Now